The Tactical Game Plan

This forum is dedicated to the devoted tactical action gamers. Call of Duty lovers join T.G.P. for all of the latest gaming news!

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 14 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:39 am

TGP Affiliates

General Chat Forum .The Music Club Forum TopSite

Telling People About Your Site Through Facebook & Twitter.

blackops89
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

TGP$ : 280

Telling People About Your Site Through Facebook & Twitter.

Post by blackops89 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:37 am

Search engines are a pretty good way to draw users to your site. If you're just in the stages of building your forum search engines bring more guests than soon to be members. So I good way to draw real users to your forum or website is by posting links on status' and telling friends to join. Facebook & Twitter are good because if you want you can make it to where anyone can see your link. I recommend trying this method you never know how many users you could attract!
    Big Bang
    Corporal
    Corporal

TGP$ : 45

Re: Telling People About Your Site Through Facebook & Twitter.

Post by Big Bang on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:28 pm

You can only get traffic from search engines if you have content that people are searching for.

blackops89 wrote:If you're just in the stages of building your forum search engines bring more guests than soon to be members
    Not 100% true.

If a forum doesn't have anything interesting, then most likely they'll just read the information and leave.
    It's just like ads. If the user isn't interested in what you're promoting, then they wouldn't click it, Wink

Administrator
    The BOSS
    The BOSS

TGP$ : 594

Post by Administrator on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Yeah Big Bang that is true but what I think he is trying to say that search engines draw guests in and I have noticed more guests as I optimize my search engine key words. But you're right most guests tend to view the forum and leave when your forum has no interesting information on it. I agree with both of you!

Big Bang
    Corporal
    Corporal

TGP$ : 45

Post by Big Bang on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Ghost Smoke wrote:But you're right most guests tend to view the forum and leave when your forum has no interesting information on it.
    More like visit, look at the interesting information ( the reason why they clicked the search engine result ) and leave.
    A small percent actually joins and those are the ones that are seeking forums to participate in.

If you display an ad to the guests, of something interesting at the forum, then the chances of 'em signing up increases.
    Demon_skeith
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

TGP$ : 85

Post by Demon_skeith on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:00 pm

what ways are best to place your link on FB and twitter and other social sites?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:38 pm